10 Awesome Essay Writing Tips (For Writing Intriguing and Powerful Essays)
In our education system, essay writing is one of the first academic writings that we are ever taught but writing an essay can be very challenging and tricky at times. Essay writing is one of the basic and most important academic writings that one is required to do in the academic years of one’s life. So, this article is going to cover essay writing tips and how you can become a champion at it. Most premier universities ask for various forms of essay writing like personal statement essay, statement of purpose, admission essays, scholarships essays etc.
Before you begin to question, let me put things in the right perspective for you!
Well, it’s this; most university curriculum requires the student to write an essay in all the subjects in one’s curriculum which comes down to a minimum of nine essays on different topics to be submitted in about a week’s time. Now you’ll agree with me when I say it is way too much of a burden that an already burdened student. Not to forget the short, time deadlines within which one is supposed to submit these essays. Indeed as students, we go through a lot of pressure.
Before worries begin to hit you, let me tell you we have got you covered!
All your essay writing related woes will be a thing of the past after you have read and understood this article. Through this essay writing tips article, we would not only help you understand the basics of writing an essay but would also provide you with an alternative solution to successfully write your essays.
Here is all the low down on the basic areas that you should know in order to be an ace at writing essays.
Essay writing- an art or a craft
The writer needs to possess certain specialised skills like the ability to demonstrate the correct analysis with conceptual clarity, a coherence of thoughts, concise answer to the underlining question, etc. There is a lot that goes into writing an essay paper, starting from the identification of the area or topic, its research to the source of the reference in a footnote using the correct citation standard. The correct essay writing tips will launch your grades higher than most anticipate. Bearing the above points in mind, the writer of an essay has to embark on an exercise where he efficiently provides his analysis as to the substance of the question and in doing so; he illuminates the reader on the subject matter while at the same time being informative and relevant. The most frequently asked essay topics being, “Surrogacy-a boon or a bane”, “Reservation-a synthesis or anti- thesis” etc.
10 Awesome! Essay Writing Tips to Write an Intriguing and Powerful Essay
Yes, my friend, just these ten steps and you are sorted!
- Read the essay question carefully: Highlight the keywords. Use the dictionary to search the meaning of any ambiguous word. Identify the words which are representative of what has to be answered through this essay for example words like “explain”, “compare”, “ inform”, “ discuss” etc. Also, identify the words which tend to limit the discussion to a particular area of the subject.
- It is important that you do your background reading or research on the essay topic. It is equally important to jot down notes while you are reading or researching as this will help you create your bank of facts, ideas, examples, etc., which you can incorporate in your essay. Also, note down the sources of the information to mention/ cite it in the footnotes or bibliography.
- The importance of brainstorming the ideas in response to a question and noting down the relevant points can hardly be overemphasised. Form a tabular presentation of ideas which would help you in stimulating lateral thinking and analysing facts.
- The answer or response to the question should be formulated in the form of a thesis which is an argument or idea. The thesis being the backbone of the essay should not be too simplistic. It should come across an answer to the complexities behind the question. It should be a statement that strongly expresses the overall response to the problem posed by the essay topic. The thesis statement should be mentioned several times in the essay before restating it and demonstrating it as how it has been established in conclusion.
- It is helpful to write a plan for the response which is nothing but ideas in the logical sequence. Ensure that the ideas are relevant to the question and are to the point. It chalks out the path of the essay as to how and where the discussion is going.
- Now it is time to open the discussion, begin with the introduction part and introduce the thesis statement. Mention how the questions will be answered and the language should be very engaging.
- One of the most important parts of the structure of an essay is its body. Make sure that every idea/point is given a new paragraph. It is critical to provide supporting evidence for each point that you make. Revisit the thesis, and express it in different ways if possible, to emphasise how the question is being addressed.
- The other most important part of an essay is its conclusion. Start by summarising the main ideas, establishing/proving your thesis statement. End with a thought provoking but relevant statement.
- Last but not the least edit the draft; correct all the punctuation, grammatical, language errors. Proofread the draft several numbers of times to avoid silly mistakes.
- While writing the final copy Write footnotes and bibliography in the required citation/referencing format for e.g. APA, MLA, etc. Submit on time.
For a more detailed run through how to write an essay, check out this article.
Solution to all your essay writing woes
Now you would be thinking, what’s this about? Well it’s this:
Today there are umpteen numbers of websites to help you successfully write your essay and save you from all the hassle of manually going through books. These service providers provide any essay help, essay writing help, etc.
These essay writing service providers with the help of their team help students through cheat sheets like “how to write an essay” etc. Also, these websites are so user-friendly and interactive; a 24*7 live chat support is provided by their team which answers one’s essay writing services related queries. Essay writing services have revolutionised the idea of seeking help and buying essay online undoubtedly the most convenient, efficient way of learning the given exercises of our education system.
These low-cost resources will not only provide you with your desired essays but will also help you learn how to write an essay in the most efficient manner.